It's been a really busy year both in my personal life and in work.
My own personal highlights of 2008 are:
- Celebrating our engagement and making arrangements for our wedding in April 2009.
- The birth of our beautiful niece, Emily.
- The birth of my beautiful goddaughter, Florence.
- Being asked to be Florence's godfather.
- Being Best Man for my best friend's wedding in June.
- Being Groomsman for my brother at his wedding in August.
- Attending two stag dos, one at Stockholm and one in Prague.
- Surviving a really busy year in school. The summer and autumn terms were particularly stressful - but I've done it!
- Arranging the helicopter visit to school.
- Surviving the credit crunch (so far!) It's not been an easy year financially as Lisa was not working for six months and we have a wedding to save for!
- Discovering Twitter, Toodledo, Delicious and Zamzar - brilliant tools that I don't know how I survived without!
This blog has been viewed over 16,000 times in 2008 (according to Bravenet) and Monday is the busiest day for hits.
The best tunes of the year are:
- The Killers - Humann
- Estelle & Kanye West - American Boy
- Duffy - Mercy
- Kid Rock - All Summer Long
- The Outsiderz & Amanda Wilson - Keep This Fire Burning
- Taio Cruz - I Can Be
- Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl
- The Ting Tings - Shut Up And Let Me Go
- Nickelback - Rockstar
- Calvin Harris, Dizzee Rascal & Chrome - Dance Wiv Me
- Alphabeat - Fascination
- Gabriella Cilmi - Sweet About Me
- The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved
- The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name
- Madcon - Beggin'
- Keane - Spiralling
- The Potbelleez - Don't Hold Back
- Razorlight - Wire To Wire
- Coldplay - Viva La Vida
- Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire
Top Films of the Year:
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall
- The Dark Knight
- Quantum Of Solace
Top TV Programmes of the Year:
- Gavin & Stacey
- Summer Heights High
Plans for 2009:
- Have a wedding that Lisa, myself and everyone enjoys
- Get fit
- Get a more powerful computer
- Get a better work-life balance
- End 2009 in a better financial position than it begins.
I hope you have had a successful 2008 and I wish you a wonderful 2009. May the best of 2008 be the worst of 2009!