Friday 16 February 2007

Brit Awards 2007

I watched the show last night on Sky Plus. I always enjoy the Brit Awards as someone always makes a fool of themself!

Here is a list of who won and who I thought should of won:

  • British Male Solo Artist - James Morrison won and I completely agree!
  • British Female Solo Artist - Amy Winehouse (who is she, and why the heck did she win an award for that drivel she calls music?!) I thought Lily Allen should have won this one.
  • British Group - Arctic Monkeys won, but I thought Razorlight deserved to win. They have had a great year.
  • British Album - Arctic Monkeys won, but I think either Lily Allen or Snow Patrol deserved this. Okay, Snow Patrol, if you're going to force me to choose.
  • British Single - Take That's Patience won this and I think this is who I wanted. My second choice was Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars.
  • British Breakthrough Act - The Fratellis won this and this is who I wanted to win!
  • British Live Act - Not that I've seen any acts live this year, I would have liked Robbie Williams to win.
  • International Male Solo Artist - Justin Timberlake won, but I've not been at all impressed with his new stuff. I think Jack Johnson is brilliant and he should have won.
  • International Female Solo Artist - Nelly Furtado won but after hearing Lisa play the Pink album quite a bit, I would have actually preferred her to win.
  • International Group - The Killers won, but I think Scissor Sisters deserved this. Their performance at the beginning was incredible!!
  • International Album - The Killers also won this one, but I think, again, that the Scissor Sisters should have won this.
  • International Breakthrough Act - Orson won this and I think this was the right decision, although I wouldn't have minded Gnarls Barkley winning.
  • Outstanding Contribution to Music - Oasis are my favourite group of all time and they thoroughly deserve this award. After watching the show I immediately dug out all my Oasis CDs and had a listen!

No comments: