We have just returned from a day at Alton Towers. What a fantastic day out! I am lucky enough to have 2 weeks off for half-term and I would definitely recommend people to go in the second week - it was really quiet. The longest queue was 20 minutes for Air!
- The Spinball Whizzer: Thought this was brilliant!
- Oblivion: Always scary, but this time I DIDN'T look down, and it helped!
- Hex: I don't know why I bother with this. Not very exciting.
- Rita: Queen of Speed: Why is it called Rita? Incredible! The way it shoots off at the beginning really takes your breath away!
- Corkscrew: An oldie, but a goodie!
- Air: Last time I went on this (when it first opened), we had to queue for 3 hours. This meant that the ride itself was never going to impress me. Today, however, 20 minutes queuing. Ride - awesome!
- Nemesis: Still the best, but Air and Rita gave it a run for its money!
- Duel: Great fun! My first score was 22000. My second was 58800. Impressive. At least I think so.
- Runaway Mine Train: Always really good fun. I believe it only re-opened in April after an accident. The first time we went on it the girl let us all stay on for 4 goes! The second time we stayed on for 3!
- Congo River Rapids: Not wet enough!
- The Flume: Very wet! Hilarious!
We also went on the Extraordinary Golf. This was really good, but you have to pay £5 each to go on this.
A fun day!