Thursday 7 June 2007

Alton Towers

We have just returned from a day at Alton Towers. What a fantastic day out! I am lucky enough to have 2 weeks off for half-term and I would definitely recommend people to go in the second week - it was really quiet. The longest queue was 20 minutes for Air!

We were able to try all the best rides.
  • The Spinball Whizzer: Thought this was brilliant!

  • Oblivion: Always scary, but this time I DIDN'T look down, and it helped!

  • Hex: I don't know why I bother with this. Not very exciting.

  • Rita: Queen of Speed: Why is it called Rita? Incredible! The way it shoots off at the beginning really takes your breath away!

  • Corkscrew: An oldie, but a goodie!

  • Air: Last time I went on this (when it first opened), we had to queue for 3 hours. This meant that the ride itself was never going to impress me. Today, however, 20 minutes queuing. Ride - awesome!

  • Nemesis: Still the best, but Air and Rita gave it a run for its money!

  • Duel: Great fun! My first score was 22000. My second was 58800. Impressive. At least I think so.

  • Runaway Mine Train: Always really good fun. I believe it only re-opened in April after an accident. The first time we went on it the girl let us all stay on for 4 goes! The second time we stayed on for 3!

  • Congo River Rapids: Not wet enough!

  • The Flume: Very wet! Hilarious!

We also went on the Extraordinary Golf. This was really good, but you have to pay £5 each to go on this.

A fun day!

No comments: