Monday 9 July 2007

River study is back on

Despite a successful start to Grow a Pound Week I didn't really have time to enjoy it with the children. This is because this morning we went to do a final risk assessment to see if we could have our river study on our reserve date, tomorrow. Would you believe it? After all the rain the river actually was not flowing too fast. The depth was not too bad. I had to dangle from a log with a stick to check the depth and it was fine!

Whilst I am thrilled that the river study can take place after all, it now means that we have today in order to organise a whole visit. I was so convinced it would be cancelled, I haven't bothered with a lot of the preparation!

The worst thing is that by lunchtime we had made arrangements for the visit to be on. However, of course, a few minutes later it was pouring with rain again! I will let you know whether it's a disaster or not tomorrow!

No comments: