Wednesday 11 July 2007

Sharing Network Trophy

As a member of the Steering Group of the Primary Strategy Learning Network of which our school is included I wanted to organise something for the children to enjoy before the end of the year.

Over the last few weeks, therefore, I, and some of my Year Sixes, have been organising the Sharing Network Football Trophy, in which the five schools in the network entered teams of pupils in Years 2 and 3.

What an enjoyable afternoon! Particularly because I didn't actually have to do anything! As well as being something for the players to enjoy, to help promote economic well-being I arranged for the Year Sixes to run everything. They were the referees, the commentators and the score keepers. They distributed the refreshments, took the photos, manned the car park (with supervision) and presented the trophy! The children relished their responsibilities and did a fantastic job!

No comments: