In a report in the TES, if the Conservatives came to power they would want every teacher to face a visit from Ofsted in 'lightning inspections' with no prior warning.
Their other education proposals include:
- Replacement of KS1 English assessments with a national reading test for 6-year-olds
- Ofsted will ensure that all schools teach synthetic phonics
- All academic subjects will be taught be ability (presumably this refers to High Schools?)
- 'Credit' and 'debit' rewards schemes used to promote discipline
- Local authorities to divide large failing schools into small schools on the same site.