Tips for reducing stress:
- Exercise: It will get your heart pumping and can be a more effective anti-depressant than prescribed drugs.
- Diet: Replace sweets and chocolates with carbohydrates, fresh vegetables and oily fish to combat lethargy.
- Plan something to look forward to: Book a holiday, pursue an interest or plan a treat - anything that you will look forward to.
- Sleep: try to get eight hours a night and avoid caffeine or alcohol before bed.
- Natural daylight: Walk to work or eat your lunch outside to boost serotonin levels.
- Spring clea: De-cluttering your life will give you a sense of well-being.
- Resolutions: Teaming up with others who share your goals will help keep you motivated.