Monday 15 January 2007

Clearing out store rooms

At the beginning of the year I listed some of the things I wanted to achieve in school this term. Well, today I can tick one off the list!

We don't have a great deal of storage space in our school. I have begun to realise since I became Acting Deputy that the small amount of space we have got is full of rubbish!! And I mean rubbish!

Our science/ D & T storeroom has long been a hate of mine and so last week our Head and I arranged for a skip and set wheels in motion to have a huge clear out. Our TAs spent this afternoon emptying the storeroom and our staff meeting time was spent chucking out all the rubbish that has accumulated over what appears to be the last half a century.

You have never seen such a mess! The incredible thing is that after climbing over bits on the floor and squeezing past broken TVs, it turns out the room is actually quite big! Now we can find things we need easily!

There are still a few more cupboards left to sort out in school, but I tell you what - throwing things away gives you a great feeling of satisfaction!

Does anyone else's storerooms get into such a state?

No comments: