Wednesday 24 January 2007

Year 6 PSLN Network Meeting

Our Primary Stategy Learning Network year group meetings are now back underway. I think these meetings will prove to be really useful, so I'm glad they've started up again.

This time we went to Shavington Primary School in Crewe. What a fantastic school! A school that is completely centred around the children which tries to enrich the curriculum with visits, residentials and other opportunities that the usual curriculum, perhaps, does not offer, such as cooking lessons (not food technology), Spanish, French and lots more.

I always learn a lot when I visit other schools and I make a list of ideas to develop in my school. This time I plan to ask our Year 3s to draw pictures of the staff for our entrance hall, create a French display, improve our school house point system and look into creating links with schools in other countries.

In our Year Group meetings we plan to look at a different subject each time and share planning, resources and ideas, with ICT in particular. Next time it will be History. We will also share some of the unusual things that have taken place in school (such as guest speakers) and to share useful websites.

Does anyone else have such cluster meetings where you meet with teachers from other schools? What sorts of things do you have on your agenda?

No comments: