Thursday 25 January 2007

Deputy Heads Cluster Meetings

We hosted a Deputy Heads cluster meeting at our school tonight. This is a group of Deputy and Assistant Heads who meet up, informally, to discuss issues we feel relevant and useful to our schools. This was our third meeting. The numbers have dwindled since the beginning but there are about 10 of us that are 'hardcore' and have been to each one. I hope I can keep attending, but of course it all depends on the result of the amalgamation.

We discussed TLRs. We don't have TLRs in our school so I know practically nothing about them. To be honest I don't even know what it stands for. But it does look like that our new school, which will be large with over 400 pupils, will have to have a very clear management structure. It showed how little I know about the teaching pay scale. UPS? TLRs? I need to find out what the hell all these acronyms mean!!

I was really proud to show round our school. We have made some brilliant changes in the last couple of years and as I was showing people round I realised that we are a very forward thinking school. When I go round to other schools I always make notes on ideas that I can steal. It was great to see others do this in our school!

No comments: