Tuesday 23 January 2007

Headteacher - Job adverts by children

Hornton Primary school in Oxfordshire have allowed their pupils to film their own video for their new Headteacher. They have produced a video called 'Use Your Head - Teach at Hornton' which appears on their school website and on YouTube.

What a fantastic idea! Our temporary governing body which has formed to appoint a headteacher of our amalgamated school in September. I think it would be fantastic to encourage the children to contribute to the advertising and interviewing process. It would allow them to have real ownership of their school.

Our governing body has decided to give the shortlisted heads a 'personality questionnaire' which I trialled yesterday. How do I get roped in to these things?! Well, apparently it would seem that I am normal. Amongst other things, I can remember it revealled that I'm not so confident when I meet new people but that I grow in confidence as I get to know them, I like to involve others in making important decisions and I am good at seeing projects through to completion. The governors apparently thought it described me perfectly and so they plan to go ahead and use it!! I'm just glad it didn't reveal that I was a serial killer or something!!

No comments: