Monday 2 April 2007

Sibelius Groovy Music


A few weeks ago, Music was confirmed as the least popular subject to teach of Year Six Teacher readers. Perhaps a new piece of software could be the answer...


Sibelius Groovy Music is an interactive package for children in primary schools. It allows children to explore music concepts and then create their own music. The demonstration I have seen looks very children friendly, and completely different. We always used to use RM Music Explorer (what an awful program). Looking at the demonstration, Groovy Music blows that way out of the water!


There are three versions - Shapes for 5-7 year-olds, Jungle for 7-9 year-olds and City for 9-11 year-olds.

2 comments:

Joad said...

Hi
I'd like to talk to you about Groovy Jungle. Have you used it in the classroom? I am a 16th year teacher in the Denver, CO area (USA). I am a big fan of Sibelius, but I don't have Groovy Jungle or any of the similar software yet. Have used the old Music Ace a bit.

--Joel

Joad said...

Hi Again
Not sure how this blog stuff works yet. I actually have started a blogger account for a course I am taking. Mostly a bunch of meaningless drivel, since I am just trying to do an assignment. Anyway you can look for it using my blogger name "Joad" or search for "music scan" which is the name of one of my entries.

--Joel
I could give u my email too.