Wednesday 11 April 2007

Stuffy classrooms


The NUT has vowed that staff will walk out of school if temperatures in their classrooms went above 26C, claiming that they risk dizziness and fainting. They say that poorly designed schools and increasingly warm weather were turning classrooms into 'greenhouses'. Pupils will face being sent home from school!

Well I certainly won't be one of those walking out! Our school invested a lot of money in acquiring air conditioning systems for the three hottest classrooms in the school - including mine! Since November I have been able to heat the room, which I am told is cheaper than using the previous heating system, and now I'm able to turn on the cold air. It is great. I know I am very lucky, but hopefully heads will see the clear advantages in investing in air conditioners very soon.

No comments: